1. When my kid tells me he's bored, my first suggestion is always to write in his journal. We're super in love with the beautiful ceremony of keeping a journal or sketchbook. I can't wait to bring him to the Brooklyn Art Library to check out The Sketchbook Project's incredible collection of over 36,000 sketchbooks. In the meantime, I'll enjoy digitally visiting them here. And also participating in their Canvas Project.
Here are 9 noteworthy things we'd like to share with you:
1. Melting and loving and all the feels over Brandi Carlile singing this beautiful song for her daughter.
2. You may have seen or even chuckled at a few videos circling the socials of kids and their conversations with Alexa gone totally wrong. I can't lie-- my kiddo hears me ask her about the weather every morning as well as ask her to play music while I prepare dinner. But I guess lately, it seems he's been asking her a lot of his own questions, and it made me think to reread this article I read before Alexa started spending so much time with us.
3. I could probably read a thousand parenting books and still wonder on a daily basis if I'm doing this whole mom thing right. With that said, I've heard good things about Child Psychologist, Alison Gopnik, shattering our myths about "good parenting", and I'm excited to add The Gardener and The Carpenter to my reading list.
9. So many cool movies and tv shows to watch and so little time. I have a watch list ready to go, because I don't like to waste a single moment browsing titles on the rare occasion a free moment finds me. I'd love to get inspired by these earth focused documentaries, but I'm pretty into shows of the binge-worthy variety as well. I'm eagerly awaiting Season 3 of Better Things and also recently enjoyed watching SMILF. The main characters on both shows are moms so I found myself relating to their situations in one or another and totally rooting them on.