2018 is coming fast and you are probably thinking about your goal(s) for the new year. I have found that setting small, attainable milestones (ie, drink more water, meditate for 10 minutes) are much easier to follow-up on than setting a huge, vague goal like "learn a new language!". If upping your green factor is on your list of things to tackle (or even if it's not!), consider these 5 easy ways anyone can implement a cleaner lifestyle:
1) Switch from a conventional toothbrush to a bamboo one. This is an easy way to start reducing plastics in your life.
2) Purchase glass, bamboo, or stainless steel straws to drink all those smoothies you'll be making in the New Year (bonus points if you keep one on hand for that 3pm ice coffee fix)- yet another super easy way to lessen your reliance on plastic.
3) Swap out your regular pillows for these organic ones (and your mattress too if you're feeling ambitious!). We eat organic, non-GMO, and drink our green smoothies yet we snuggle up every night into a pile of chemicals. For more on why you should be making the switch, read about it here.
4) Start introducing cleaner toiletries/skincare products/makeup as you run out of your current products. Green beauty has really gone mainstream in the last few years and sites like: Cap Beauty, Meant, and Credo Beauty take all the guesswork out of having to read labels. I recently switched over to Poofy Organics nailpolish and am completely addicted!
5) Buy a stainless steel water bottle and get in the habit of taking it everywhere. You've heard it 1000x but with all the options available from S'well, Pura, Hydroflask, Kleen Kanteen, etc. it's never been easier to make the switch.
Little by little, Mamas. Even little changes that don't require a total overhaul on your everyday life can make a big difference. So here's to a greener and cleaner 2018! And of course, if you have any go-green resolutions to share with us, please let us know in the comments! xx.